There’s nothing that feels quite so free as getting out on the open road on a motorbike and as the wind ruffles your hair and the sun shines down, the only thing missing is… music.
You want to be able to turn up the sounds as you crank down on the throttle and watch the road zip by.
And it’s possible, now, thanks to Bluetooth, you attach the speaker to the bike, get the tunes flowing on your smartphone or iPod and boom! You’re in Streethawk territory (LA Parc by Tangerine Dream, if you’re interested in living your best Rex Smith moment).
How We Chose The Best Bluetooth Motorcycle Speakers
What did we look for in our best Bluetooth Motorcycle Speakers?
- Easy to connect to your motorcycle. There’s no point in motorcycle speakers that require an engineering degree to fit them or which fall off the first time you fire up the engine.
- Sound quality. You won’t find motorcycle speakers that will match your home stereo system but they need to sound acceptably good too.
- Bluetooth quality. The last thing you need is to have to stop every five minutes to reconnect your Bluetooth device.
- Value for money. The more they cost, the better they need to perform, right? We don’t expect as much from a $50 speaker system as we do from a $500 system.
Our Best Bluetooth Motorcycle Speakers
Kuryakyn 2720 MTX Road Thunder Weather Resistant Motorcycle Sound Bar Plus
This speaker attaches very easily to the handlebars and we really like that as it means it will go on pretty much any bike without an issue.
The USB charging point for your mobile device is a nice bonus and the IP66 water resistance should keep the rain at bay.
1. Very easy to attach to your bike
2. The 300 Watt output is impressively powerful and keeps the music flowing in any conditions
3. The internal amplifier creates a warm and pleasant sound
1. The supplied t-tap connector wire isn’t the best quality
2. The speaker can vibrate at higher volumes and cause scuff marks
3. Some users report that the buttons fail under heavy use
GoHawk TJ4-Q 1000W 4 Channel Amplifier 4″ Full Range Waterproof Bluetooth Motorcycle Stereo Speakers
We really like using the GoHawk speakers with our favorite free music apps and they’re very high-performance.
It’s easy to mount these stereo speakers on the handlebars with the mounting clips and the four channel amp delivers a really solid level of sound.
1. 1000 Watts of output means you don’t need a shield to listen to these
2. The Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity performed flawlessly in our tests
3. The chrome finish gives the speakers a classic biker look
1. The Bluetooth does not support hands-free calling which is a bit of a pain
2. The FM tuner supplied with this kit wasn’t great
3. The wires need careful management or they can come loose
LEXIN Motorcycle Bluetooth Speakers
The LEXIN LX-S3 comes with an excellent FM radio which is fully integrated into the speaker itself, so you don’t even need a smartphone to listen to music.
It connects very well with Bluetooth 5.0 devices though and we found it was very easy to attach to our bike.
1. The housing feels very solidly made and is IP-67 waterproof rated
2. The incorporated radio tuner is a nice touch and it works well
3. You get decent stereo sound out of this speaker setup
1. The built in LED is a nice touch but it would be cool if you could change the color
2. Not the greatest bass level of the speakers in our tests
3. Where’s the installation and operating manual?
KICKER 40PSM34 4 Ohm Mini Weatherproof Speaker System for Motorcycle & ATV
This fully weatherproof speaker looks great and we found it was just fine connecting it to our motorcycle, we didn’t test it on an ATV but they say it works well on one of those too.
However, we did have a few bumps in the road with this speaker and though the general sound is good, there’s a bit too much treble in the mix and we did occasionally find the Bluetooth connection cut out completely.
1. Despite only being a 50 Watt system, it’s more than loud enough
2. The build is 100% weatherproof, so bring on the snow!
3. Very nice chrome exterior
1. There really is too much treble in the mix for our taste
2. The Bluetooth connection occasionally cut out during our tests
3. Mounting clamp is only for a 1” bar
BOSS Audio Systems MCBK470B Motorcycle Bluetooth Speaker System
BOSS is making big inroads into the motorcycle speaker market at the moment and we suspect that might have to do with their class-leading 3 year platinum warranty for the product.
However, that warranty doesn’t make these speakers as loud as we’d like, they’re not bad, but they’re not world-beating either.
1. The 3-year Platinum warranty is an awesome touch
2. They’re nicely weatherproofed and will hold up in most conditions
3. Best volume control of any speakers we tested
1. Sadly, max volume wasn’t quite loud enough for our tastes, yours may be different
2. Not much speaker wire provided, you may need to buy more depending on your setup
3. No toggle switch included, buy one if you want to keep your battery life
Herdio 3″ inch Motorcycle Bluetooth Speakers
Technically this is a “marine” speaker but it works just fine on your motorcycle and as you might expect, it will deal with as much water as you can throw on it, just fine.
The design of two speakers for a traditional hi-fi appeal is cool and you can’t argue with the price point, either, but it does come at the cost of sound quality.
1. Looks good and is very water-resistant
2. The stereo sound is complete thanks to the use of two speakers
3. Can also be used in boats and cars as well as on a bike
1. The sound quality isn’t very good but at this price? We weren’t expecting it to be.
2. The build of the speaker is a bit cheap and it’s way too big for the output
3. No instructions included
BOSS Audio Systems MC420B Motorcycle Speaker System
This BOSS model also comes with their platinum warranty and that means 3 years of excellent post-sale coverage.
These are super loud and you can use them at nearly any speed but, sometimes, the music just cuts out.
1. The loudest speakers in our test
2. 3-year Platinum warranty
3. Nice volume controls
1. Music cuts out occasionally
2. The mounts are very cheap, we actually swapped them out for our test
3. You need to add your own toggle switch or they’ll drain your battery
Final Thoughts On The Best Bluetooth Motorcycle Speakers
Hit the open road with any of these bluetooth motorcycle speakers and you may never want to come home as the tunes carry you away!
Looking for great speakers at home to complement your motorcycle tunes? Then check out Audioengine as well as these great Bluetooth bookshelf speakers.